• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling Big Fish Need Some Material

mpn

I'm needing some fabric to make flags on my HP 335 if possible. I know the bigger models have a way to print fabric and hoping I can make the 335 work? BigfishDM need your advice.

Christian @ 2CT Media

There are fabrics from Aberdeen, Fisher, and Berger textiles that work on the latex really well. Our favorite is TopValueFabrics TVFs new products with coatings designed for latex printing... It prints awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: mpn

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm needing some fabric to make flags on my HP 335 if possible. I know the bigger models have a way to print fabric and hoping I can make the 335 work? BigfishDM need your advice.

Yes you can do it and my fabrics blow the others outta the water FYI. For flag material though, you will not get good show through on both sides. My material is a light weight air-tight fabric so it will not bleed onto your machine. It would be better to print 2 and sew together.

• Agree

Christian @ 2CT Media

2CT Media have any completed work photos of the TVF fabric?
These are tests on TVF light weight flag, it shows great bleed through I'd say about 90% color.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_093007_01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_093007_01.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20190211_095616_02.jpg
    IMG_20190211_095616_02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20190211_095616_01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_095616_01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20190211_093007_02.jpg
    IMG_20190211_093007_02.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 230
  • Agree

mpn

That's my problem is I have no idea if the 335 is able to use this collection tray?

mpn

Yes you can do it and my fabrics blow the others outta the water FYI. For flag material though, you will not get good show through on both sides. My material is a light weight air-tight fabric so it will not bleed onto your machine. It would be better to print 2 and sew together.

Is it thin enough that the flag still does it's thing with the weight of 2 sides? I'm needing to know if I can even use the collection tray I'm reading about for fabrics on the 335?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That's my problem is I have no idea if the 335 is able to use this collection tray?

The 335 does not have the ability to use the ink trays, you just need air-tight fabrics. I can send you some sample pieces to see what you think.

Christian @ 2CT Media

TVF makes versions with Peel off liners ala Mesh Banner.

If Big Fish has what you need, go with him as the fabric guys are a pain to deal with unless you are a high volume buyer.

We send our prints out for finishing and they use a hot knife and sew. It all depends on the quality of the product you need to produce, we prefer both methods as it prevents fraying in the future.

• Agree