• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Came into work with a service error. Now the test prints are like this! HELP!

Med clean on 1 and 2 and powerful clean on 3
Seem no change at all.

What else can i try?

IMG_0263.jpg

thanks for the help!

Letterbox Mike

I'm not a Roland person so I'm speculating based on past experience with other machines, but that looks electronic/data related and not head/nozzle related. I wouldn't think you'd get an error code for clogged nozzles. If you have any extra data/head cables try swapping those around first. If that doesn't solve it it's probably a head or slider board. Did you have any storms overnight that may have caused a power surge or lightning strike?

I'm not a Roland person so I'm speculating based on past experience with other machines, but that looks electronic/data related and not head/nozzle related. I wouldn't think you'd get an error code for clogged nozzles. If you have any extra data/head cables try swapping those around first. If that doesn't solve it it's probably a head or slider board. Did you have any storms overnight that may have caused a power surge or lightning strike?

No storms in the past 2 weeks.

The service code was 0110 (i think)
I do have an "cable card" i will replace that and see what happens

thanks for the help!

Kev41

Hi
0110 i believe is capping station error, i would check you are getting good suction on the heads by taking the pipe off the pump and using a syringe, if you get no resistance then the capping station isn't sealing.

Kev

Seem no change at all.

What else can i try?

View attachment 93297

thanks for the help!
The 0110 error is linear encoder related, and it has nothing to do with the nozzle problems that are evident in your test print. I would first replace all cap tops and then run medium cleanings (a couple of them), and assess from there. You can also suck ink from below the cap top, using the hoses that go to the pump. This is a classic 'plumbing' problem and not electronics-related.

iladi

Seem no change at all.

What else can i try?

View attachment 93297

thanks for the help!

i had this error, just like you. For me the error acted when the printer started the self cleaning cycle and the capping station was stucked in tthe low position. The error was randomly when the printer was fired the first time in the morning on when the printer was wake up from sleep mode. The head starts to move to find origin, is not finding any and the head stops a little on the left with the caping station in the down position. I was changied the sensor and the encoder and all is well now. As for the clogs the cure was to soack the head in cleaning liquid for 15-20 minutes and a cleaning or two. Oh, one more thing. Till you get a new encoder strip don,t let the printer to get into sleep mode (disable sleep) and do not turn it off from the panel button. Once the printer starts ok without error just let it stay on. I know, power consumer, but you don,t have to clean the head. Mine was on for about 2 weeks.

iladi

one more thing: you can try to reverse the encoder strip. maybe you have a scratch right where the origin is.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hi
0110 i believe is capping station error, i would check you are getting good suction on the heads by taking the pipe off the pump and using a syringe, if you get no resistance then the capping station isn't sealing.

Kev

^ good advice.
Put some cleaning solution on the capping station and see if it drains correctly or if the lines may be clogged. Park the heads on the capping station and put vacuum on the heads. (with a syringe or small hand-help vacuum pump) suck some ink through and do another test print. You may have to disconnect the Y-line and pull from only one head at a time. This will get the ink flowing again. After that, you're gonna have to check out why your capping station isn't sealing good.

iladi

Why don,t you check the service manual before make a statement?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 106

signcrafters

I've been through this before-
Leave printer on overnight only to come in to an error and drop-outs.
Probably encoder strip is dirty- clean carefully but with conviction.
Second, bleed the air from the lines with a syringe.
Third, do a powerful cleaning.
Should be good to go.
I have gotten into the habit of turning the printer off at night just because of these problems.

Ok! A bit of a update to this.

The encoder strip was flipped about a 2 months ago. It was not dirty.

I got the heads to clean up and print great. Here was my train of thought on that.
If the heads were left uncapped over night then there must been some dried ink on there.
It was a coldish night for use.

So i used a 3164 printing profile (because its gets the hottest) and printed Solid CMKY colors

Did that 3 times and then a powerful head cleaning
Got way better
Did it a few more times and it cleaned up

I have been having this service code
0110 pop up a few times off and on.
It has happen since i replaced the scan motor. I think i need to re do the settings

thanks for all your help!

iladi

please allow me to explain what is happening on an 0110 error. when the printer wakes up from sleep mode or gets to the on position from standby it has to set the origin, the zero point, for the head. for that the capping station lowers and the head moves a little to the left, about 10 cm. after that the head move slowly left and right scanning the encoder strip to find and set the origin. if, for some reason the origin is not set the head stops in mid air, uncapped, and you get the error 0110. that's why you get the clogs. this phenomenon occur also when the printer wants to make a routine self schedule cleaning at night and the printer is in standby or sleep mode. if the self cleaning is due at night you may end with a clogged head in the morning. and the error it is more likely to occur on Monday morning, after the weekend, because of more cleaning cycles are scheduled in this interval. my advice is to try to clean the encoder sensor (do not remove it for that, it is hard to put it right back), visually check the encoder strip for dirt or scratches on the right side, first 20 cm from the scan motor. also, if you changed the scan motor, try to recalibrate the encoder and the head origin. good luck.