• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAMM-1 Pro plotter question

Tom FitzGerald

I have a Roland CAMM-1 plotter that I don't use very often. It sees only occasional use for stickers, signs etc., but is great to have when the time comes. It is currently running from an old Power Mac 7600 with OS 7.5 and Flexicut 5.6. Is it possible to run this from a NEW Mac Pro with 10.4.10.? Is the plotter totally useless without the old computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Tom

WR_Orion

If you can run FlexiCut on the new machine and have the right physical connections available, you should be fine.

WVB

As long as the plotter has USB/Firewire hook-ups you should be fine. Otherwise you will need a parallel to USB converter. The other question will be software...

Tom FitzGerald

I won't be able to run the old flexicut program on the new Mac. Like TVG said, the question is getting the software. Does anyone know if FlexiSIGN Pro will run my old plotter? I couldn't find any info from their website.