• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

camm1 pnc1000 cutting problems

it was cutting fine the otherday
the vinyl started slipping off rollers (sorted now)
however now i cant get it to cut right,when i pull vinyl off it pulls letters off as its not cut right.
i can get it to cut through the backing paper or barely cut through the vinyl,i have adjusted the cutter tension on the side of the cutter,
any ideas please?
thanks

CS-SignSupply-TT

Check your blade protection strip for cuts, dings, grooves. Run your index finger the length of the teflon strip (immediately below the blade). If it is not smooth as a baby's bottom, it needs to be changed. When was the last time you replaced your bladeholder? Roland recommends changing it every six months. Rarely have I heard of anyone changing their bladeholder on a service schedule, but I am sure someone has.

SIGNTIME

also check your to see if you have the blade sticking out of the blade holder to far or not far enough should stick out about the thickness of a credit card

Just checked the blade and it wasnt sticking out but it is now cheers.
Ive noticed theres no silicone strip.theres a white plastic strip that runs full length under the blade.are these changable and where would i get them from?
Thanks for your great advice.
Cheers all i appreciate it.

Jackpine

Just checked the blade and it wasnt sticking out but it is now cheers.
Ive noticed theres no silicone strip.theres a white plastic strip that runs full length under the blade.are these changable and where would i get them from?
Thanks for your great advice.
Cheers all i appreciate it.
That is the cutting silicone strip and it is changeable. Roland should still have them. The cut vinyl pressure (slider on the right side) should be set so the blade cuts the vinyl and barely dents the backing paper.

Thanks for the help.
The silicone strip is a1
Its cutting well now but just the odd letter is not quite cutting perfect when i weed it its pulling a few letters up as its not cut perfecr.
I have tension in the middle and the blade the thickness of a debit card.
Cheers
Any suggestions please?

Ive changed the blade.its cutting big letters perfect however small letters i cant wees as it pulls the letters off with the rest of the vinyl.
Any ideas please as im in a mood and ready to just stick it in the loft.

OldPaint

if your cutting stripe is ok and you blade is at the right pressure, and you say IT WAS CUTTING OK before.....my question is what program are you cutting from? where did you get the fonts you are having problems with the cut? a PNC-1000 will not cut very well below 3/4" 18-20mm.