• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can an erro 07 head be repaired?

artbot

just depends of if they are truly bad. or if the data cord to them is bad, or the sliderboard feeding them data is bad. did you diagnose that they were truly dead with a data swap? if so, and they showed 07 at other positions on the slider board...then they are super dead.

InOverMyHead

just depends of if they are truly bad. or if the data cord to them is bad, or the sliderboard feeding them data is bad. did you diagnose that they were truly dead with a data swap? if so, and they showed 07 at other positions on the slider board...then they are super dead.
Then they are "super dead" Dude your like the Mimaki doctor. what do you do? do you have a sign shop, do you own this fourm? How long have you been doing this?

-Candi

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Your a bit in over your head.... He probably knows more about troubleshooting and modifying JV3 printers than most Mimaki engineers and pretty much anyone here on S101 so yeah - the Mimaki Doctor might be a good title for Alan.

And he is correct - have you tried swapping the data cables to that head to see if the problem moves to another head or stays with the same head. If it moves to the head you moved the cables to then it's not the head it's either the cable(s), slider board, main board, or possibly even the main cable bundle between the slider and mainboard. If the error 07 stays on that same head then the head is pretty much toast.

artbot

ha~! i can wait til i'm the vutek doctor or the fuji doctor or what ever is next doctor. i'm ready to get some serious gear over here. if i didn't have so much drama going on in my life, it would be sitting right here in the shop.