• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anybody help me on Gerber Vinyls and supplieres?

davedavedave

hi i finally bought me a gerber which is on the way to me...
i would like to know where can i get vinyl and foils in europe?
i found a few shops online but they all require me to have a business account!?!
i need a shop where i can order without business account...

also what kind of vinyl is the best for the gerber? can anybody school me on gerber vinyl?
i saw a few posts in here where ppl had problem the colors werent sticking to the vinyl....
i dont want to have this problem thats why im asking upfront so i know what to buy???
i already looked up a few stores for vinyl but im a lil bit confused because there are sooo many different vinyls.... only thing i know is it has to have the holes on the sides :D:D

i need white vinyl , clear vinyl and chrome vinyl - im mostly using them on bike decals...
would be cool if anybody could point me in the right direction
thx dave

davedavedave

thank you :D
this sucks because i cant order from spandex without owning a buisness...
i couldnt find any other online shop in europe... i coudl find a few in the us but they are too expensive because of shipping and customs...

keith nicastro

If you're looking to print motocross decals you need to print on clear and use Gerber foils for desired colors
Motocross decals are printed on clear vinyl then laminated to a thickness of at least 18 mils
Check out substance inc in California
Hope this helps

davedavedave

thx i already ordered oracal for testing ...
i also have one more question how do you guys cut or trim the vinyl after printing? do u just cut it with a scissor or do u have some kind of trimming board? or is there somme kidn of roller holder with a cutter? thx

keith nicastro

Besides the printer you need to purchase a plotter
For that thickness you need to purchase a plotter (gerber envision 375)
It cuts the decals that is printed
You also need a laminator
Substance sells all the templates for just about every brand dirt bike
Learning to use all this machines is quite time consuming and at times difficult
It's not plug n play
Good luck

Alex P

If you're in the UK then try Hexis, They sell most of the coloured vinyl at 380mm wide and sprocketted for the Gerber pattern. The Suptac range gives great result for printing on by the Gerber. They also slit and sprocket most vinyls down from 610mm wide to 380mm for your Gerber if you want to experiment printing on to various materials. Most PVC based films and foils should give good printing results, however most of the polyester based films and foils will be problematic and should be avoided.
All of my printed graphics uses Hexis Suptac range along with some of their special foils. (Mirror chrome etc...)
As mentioned by others you will need a plotter to cut your final graphics to shape unless you just cut squares!

Alex P

Hello,

Has anyone tried this English supplier: https://www.edgefoils.co.uk/
EdgeVinyl: https://www.gerberedgecartridges.co.uk/edgevinyl-edgemedia-c-385_390.html
Edge foils: https://www.edgefoils.co.uk/edgecartridges-quantitypricebreaks-p-1397.html

I am in France, I would like to order cartridges from them but I do not know the quality

Yes I use them for all my foils, the edgefoil spot colours are good and match the quality of the official Gerber brand, the mirror chrome in silver and gold sometimes leaves a rainbow smearing on large lay down colour prints but is totally fine on text. The Chrome RED and Chrome BLUE are excellent. The matt silver and gold are fine. I use a combination of genuine gerber foils and edge and the edgefoils easily match the quality of the Gerber brand.
Another good foil supplier is Duracoat, Hexis in the UK is the best source for me for vinyl (Suptac range) as they sell most colours at 380mm wide and sprocketed. They also sell the Duracoat foil refils for both the edge and FX.
Another supplier of foil which I recommend is Sign Foils by Coding Products, they have a good range and very good quality but it is a problem to find them in the UK now.

davedavedave

thx guys, i need to look into all the links ...

one more question do u guys use laminate?
from what i know gerber needs no laminate?

davedavedave

thx again for the answers...
i will check out the uk shops tomorrow when i get up!
i found almost everything i need from the usa... it wont be that cheap for me...but at least i found it... if the uk shops are cheaper i def will get it there... customs and shipping form the us is killing nit...

the printer i bought includes a hs15plus cutter... the vinyls i asked the shop for are not availible LOL first i thought they can ship because they took money... but no luck....

i have a few more questions....

i searched the data sheets from oracal but couldnt really find much information...
i only need transparent, glossy chrome ,white and tshirt heatpress vinyl for the beginning...

1- for chrome vinyl i thought about oracal 352 glossy chrome....
do anybody know what the difference between oracal 351 and 352 is?

2- also i saw they have oracal 352 on transparent....
im not sure if i should go with 651 transparent or 352 transparent?
what are the differences?

3- what is the best white/chrome/transparent vinyl? would love to hear some experiences...
is oracal bad or why is it so cheap? is 3m better? is gerber vinyl the best? why is convex chrome so expensive?

4- am i on the safe side if i go with 352 for chrome and 651 for transparent and white?

5- is it cheaper to print chrome (or neon color) onto white or transparent or to get the vinyl roll?

6- i want to try out how the shirt heatpress vinyls are working out...

7- is it possible to cut non punched vinyls with the hs15plus plotter
(i dont think so but i just wanted to make sure :D)

8- after printing and cutting how do u guys cut the printed vinyl off the roll? u just use a scissor? or do u use some kind of cutting machine like on the picture?
41nqE4CofAL._AC_SY355_.jpg

sorry for all the noob questions but i would like to know a little bit more about the vinyls...
thank you for your help and sorry for my bad English.

greetings dave

Last edited: