• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone explain this?

mcgrawdesigns

I am printing 80 handouts for a church program with a Mutoh VJ1204 onto OCE 10 mil outdoor luster paper. I have printed a quantity of these before with the same media, printer, settings, etc.and had no issue, but this time there seems to be one section of the handout that the ink is streaking or puddling. There are lots of fine details and pictures on the rest of the handout and they are all coming out perfect. This one section of the handout is all that is messed up and it is like this on everyone of them(it seems to be where there are a lot of dark colors together). Does anybody have any clue as to what would be causing this. I printed about half of these and did a full cleaning cycle and cleaned the wiper and pad, etc. then printed the other half, but the results were the same. I am attaching a couple of pictures to help explain what is happening. Thanks

Attachments

• handout 1.jpg
    handout 1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 73
  • handout 2.jpg
    handout 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 74
  • handout 3.jpg
    handout 3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 72

mcgrawdesigns

I don't believe that it is a bowing or lifting problem, CS. I used up almost 300 sf. of media printing these and it is only on the picture with the scroll and shawl on the marble that is having the streaking issue, and it is like this on every one. If you will notice in that picture the scroll and white shawl are fine, it is the dark colors that are streaking.

randya

Assuming that these pictures are turned 90 degrees from printing.

Almost certainly something on the head.
You can see how it drags through in opposite direction on each pass.

Probably oversaturated in those areas as well.