• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can Anyone Explain?

SignProOhio

I'm a graphics guy not a computer guy. My g/f and I want to be able to share the printer I have on my desk. Her computer is 10 ft down from mine. We have a internet router that is routing the internet to my pc and her pc. How do we share the printer? I have vista and she has xp.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Take that printer down to her station and say.... 'Here you are DEAR. You may have it.'

Then go out and buy yourself a real good one and put it where the old one used to be.
:Oops: After you wake up, switch the two around and everyone will be happy and printing at the same time.​

bighun

Networking two printers is fairly easy. You have a couple options. The first, and easiest is to go to any computer store and buy a print server, less than $50. It keeps the printer online and you can attach 2 PC's to it, they have wireless ones as well. The second is you simply share the printer. Setup both PC's to be on the same workgroup and then you can detect the pc through My Network Places, this only works for both pc's when the one that is attached is on.

You can go to microsoft.com and search for how to share a printer and they will have directions.

slappy

we share 5 computers on one printer, a Ricoh Aficio 1515mf wirelessly, but the company we bought it from installed everything.

i believe you can purchase hp printers that offer wireless or ethernet networkability but you will have to install the software.