• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone guess what caused THIS??

jiarby

On the top covers on a mutoh ValueJet 1604, now nicely pitted with dimples.
These are the two covers on each end of the printer (above the capping station, and the maint. station)

You'll never believe what caused it....

RandyA... where can I get new covers? I like a pretty printer.

Attachments

• mutoh-cover.jpg
    mutoh-cover.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 95
  • mutog-cover2.jpg
    mutog-cover2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 84

randya

On the top covers on a mutoh ValueJet 1604, now nicely pitted with dimples.
These are the two covers on each end of the printer (above the capping station, and the maint. station)

You'll never believe what caused it....

RandyA... where can I get new covers? I like a pretty printer.

Well, I have actually laid on a bet of nails once, apply a bit of heat, flip the printer over on its back.....soooo, maybe I dont really want to know...

The part # is DE-12787, you should be able to order from your dealer.

Why not 'wrap' it?

Wrap it up right and it could end up on the Mutoh website.....

jiarby

OK...

Here is the answer...

I bought some gloves with little grippy dots to use when changing material so we could keep greasy handprints off the media.

After installing the roll I took the gloves off and set them on top of the printer so I would remember to use them.

The rubber dots dissolved the ABS plastic lids. (or vice versa). I thought the dots has just stuck to the top, but it has actually pitted the top of the printer.

No heat, no solvent. Just took the gloves off and set on top. The next morning they were stuck.

Attachments

• glove.jpg
    glove.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 71

PMG

whats the cost on the side cover,,mine came with a crack in it and :Sleeping:Sign Warehouse:Sleeping: has yet to replace it,so they lost my business because of this one!!!! Im tired of beating dead horses down there in Denison.

gabagoo

I have those gloves too, but I wear them backwards because the black dot grippers mark up the vinyl worse than my hands.

weaselboogie

Anyone ever go fishing? Would this be the same as 'worm-proof' tackle boxes? Some artificials eat into the tackle plastics.

randya

OK...

Here is the answer...

I bought some gloves with little grippy dots to use when changing material so we could keep greasy handprints off the media.

After installing the roll I took the gloves off and set them on top of the printer so I would remember to use them.

The rubber dots dissolved the ABS plastic lids. (or vice versa). I thought the dots has just stuck to the top, but it has actually pitted the top of the printer.

No heat, no solvent. Just took the gloves off and set on top. The next morning they were stuck.

OK, jiarby,

Tell us the REAL story.....

Could you post the brand or any more info, and with your permission, I would like to post on the Mutoh Knowledgebase....

jiarby

OK... new game...

what's the over-under for what my dealer is going to try and charge me for these injection molded lids?

jiarby

Randy...

No brand name... no labels at all on these. I'll glady mail them to you and you can honk up a set of your lids too!

I'll stop by the store where I got them and see if there is any mfg details. Looks like a cheap chinese import glove. I probably paid a couple bucks, but they cost 15¢ to import.

here's a clearer picture...

Attachments

• betterdots.jpg
    betterdots.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 75

randya

OK... new game...

what's the over-under for what my dealer is going to try and charge me for these injection molded lids?

How many kids do you have left?

To be honest, I have no idea.
I dont much get into pricing.
I had to get a tech to get the part#

I believe you, but you have to admit that is such a bizarre thing.