• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone ID this font

juan45215

Help can't find this font.

Attachments

• aacc logo.jpg
    aacc logo.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 221

jimdes

Not without a decent photo, try uploading a pic that is less than 800 pixels wide and less than 1Mb in size.

You can also submit the image (or a portion of it) to whatthefont.com and try their identification service.

Baz

Optima bold condensed. Its a wild shot at it from looking at the small thumbnail. :Big Laugh

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No actually it isn't. Now it's too small. The ideal size is at least 500 pixels wide and no more than 800 pixels.

We'll be happy to ID the font for you but we do need a good enough image to see some detail.

juan45215

I found optima on several sites, but the best price I could find is $22.00. Is that the going rate? It seems kind of high for one font. Of course I didn't price this in to my quote.

jimdes

Yup

That's correct, and yes it's the going rate. There are several sites with fonts for sign makers that sell fonts individually. Look in the links section of this forum and you'll find most listed there.

Colin

What? You don't have Optima? I think it's pretty standard and comes with various software. Double check, it might be called something else like Omega, Ottawa, or whatever. This typestyle is nearly as old & common as helvetica.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
juan45215 said:
I found optima on several sites, but the best price I could find is $22.00. Is that the going rate? It seems kind of high for one font. Of course I didn't price this in to my quote.

That's the normal price for single fonts. What signmaking and graphics applications do you own a license to?

Coreldraw includes around 1000 first quality fonts with their software. Flexi, SignLab, Omega and others all include more than that.

juan45215

Thanks

Thanks everybody. I found it as ottawa and was able to down load it free. I have coreldraw and vinyl master pro, but I couldn't find it in either package.

jimdes

Good question, I'd like to know that one myself, including what the difference is between a legal copy and an illegal copy of a font . . . and just exactly how thin is the line that some "foundaries" are walking ? ! ? ! ?

jimdes

Thanks Fred, that explains (and confuses) a lot. I do understand it a lot more now. Thanks.