Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend a way to do escrow for a purchase in a far off state?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Gene@mpls, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Not a huge amount but still several thousand. Thanks Gene

Tags:
  2. bikecomedy

bikecomedy Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Funny this topic just came up and the leasing agent said they had never heard of anyone asking for it in ten years. Ha! I Googled it and it looks like some banks offer this service. The first one that came up First Interstate Escrow Services. Good luck, smart move.

3. bernie

bernie Member

May 28, 2008
    No. of Seattle
    Escrow to me means "real estate" so ...
    if you are purchasing a property: actually it is pretty easy, call the chamber of commence in the area you are purchasing, ask them for a recommendation
    of an escrow company or call the title company in that area and ask. Most title companies have escrow departments. On the west coast anyway. East coast I think they handle escrow differently.

Bernie

4. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Not real estate- a cnc router actually. Thanks Gene

5. particleman

particleman Member

Feb 1, 2008
    IN
    I've used escrow.com several times with success.

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    If you use a bank like Bank of America, which is pretty wide spread throughout the states. They might be able to help you with holding the money in escrow until you get your cnc and make sure everything is on the up and up. I have done that with overseas purchases.

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If you want to buy the machine at a later date and put the money away as a savings account/layaway kinda thing.... why not just take out a loan and at least have the equipment in-house and be able to start using it while you are paying on it ??

Waiting until you can afford something, might come back to bite ya in the butt. Technology will change, prices will continue to go up and you still don't have anything for a year or two. By taking out an equipment loan you can dive in immediately and at least get the use of it and start making money instantly.

Just a thought............ :wink:

8. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

huh??

9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    What don't you understand ??

10. fixtureman

fixtureman Member

May 16, 2012
    Medina Ohio

What don't you understand? He wants to buy a machine that is a long way away and not get burned sending money for it.

11. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I think gino thought he was trying to borrow money to buy..

12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I did. I never heard of putting money into an escrow account for something like this. I see now that he wants to be sure he gets what he says he's getting.

I would imagine, if you really wanted to be sure..... fly/drive out to the machine and make a complete inspection of the unit and see it working in person with some of your own files before handing over the money. Then give half and leave the other half with a post-marked date for when it arrives home. Once you know it fully works, it would be on you to make sure it works in full on your end.

Sorry ddarlak.... it didn't appear that way to me.

13. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

no apology necessary, i didn't understand where you where coming from...

as usual....:ROFLMAO:

14. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I agree with gino, Do a site visit before making the purchase, unless it's from someone you absolutely trust.

15. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    I'm sure that if you contacted your local attorney he could handle that for you in the best possible manner for a minor cost.

16. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Escrow.com is what you want.