• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone tell me how to get pure black and not process HP360

Blaster

Adam B.
Hey all, I haven't had the printer on in a bit. First print was banded a little by end of document it seemed to be ok but can someone
tell me how to get a pure black and not process on the HP360. Using SAI Flexi 12. Thanks in advance.

FrankW

Set „Pure Hue“ for black in the advanced color management-Settings (a button in the color management-tab).

karst41

Turn off Color Correction.
With color correction OFF make sure your file is in CMYK Mode.
Sample to Black. It should read C0/M0/Y0/K100 831A Black is a nice black.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I’m not familiar with Flexi, but with Onyx you can set up a custom spot color. We set up “RICH BLACK” with a rich black mix, then use that instead of plain black.

John Miller

Make your file with CMYK colors for black set all colors to 100% ie. C100 M100 Y100 K100. You'll get the most saturated black possible

Skooter

We have been using Flexi to print to several different printers over the years. We don't have an HP360, but with every printer we have used we have found that setting the color mixer in Flexi to RGB 0,0,0 which translates to a CMYK mix of about 75, 68, 65, 90, gives us the the richest black, even better than 100, 100, 100, 100.

dypinc

We have been using Flexi to print to several different printers over the years. We don't have an HP360, but with every printer we have used we have found that setting the color mixer in Flexi to RGB 0,0,0 which translates to a CMYK mix of about 75, 68, 65, 90, gives us the the richest black, even better than 100, 100, 100, 100.
Obviously not. Latex ink is a different animal and throwing to much ink at it will get you nothing but a cloudy muddy look. Now properly calibrated and profiled with take the what ever input values you have and CM them to an out put value but it will not be 100%K only. The ink density of the media preset setting will also affect this so 100K only output values (the ones that go to the printer) will look the best.

OP asked for pure black which in all my tests gives the best looking black with latex ink. All one has to do is look that the solid bars before the calibration bars to see that. Don't confuse yourself with input black as opposed to output black values. Most RIPs have some means of taking solid colors and outputting them at 100% or allowing you to choose output values of other colors (avoiding CM for those colors only) for that matter, which is the the best way to get maximum gamut for spot colors.