• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone tell me where to buy software to do this?

schramm

Hello all, I have 30-40 Dover design books which have artists paintings in them. The books come with a CD that has high res .jpg and they are great, if you want to do something small scale. I want to print a mural on canvas. I have the canvas that is made for this however I need to know how to make the art so that I can blow it up to the size of 8'T x 16'W! I have been given a couple of suggestions about PhotoZoom but I do not think after reading this it will work. I want to be able to do it myself if I can using software or worse case senerio hire someone when needed to enlarge this for printing and I will pay them.

Below is 1, but I have shrunk this to fit onto the website, if you are interested in trying this and then giving me a price email me and I will send you the HIGH RES version of this.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Rob

Attachments

• Creation of adam - small.jpg
    Creation of adam - small.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87

graphics guru

how hi res is it. if it is enough. resolution, you can resample on photoshop or use Blow Up as well. it should reproduce i would think. PM me if you want

3dsignco

Schramm,
I have a bunch Dovers also so I opened one up. (Unfortunatly I didn't have the Michelangelo book) and did a Bicubic smoother Enlargement to the size you were saying. (6.5 gig file :) ) Did a 4 pixel Gaussian blur to it and it looked pretty good. Not Giclee Good but decent enough for a Wall mural on Canvas.

One plus you will have is the "Hand of God" is a fresco so you don't have the canvas texture to deal with in the photo. I think you will be fine with stock photoshop enlargement and a good rip program.

schramm

Bill,

Would you be willing for me to send you this .jpg in high res and try it out? If you can make it work and it prints in a quality that would pass would you be willing to do these as the orders come in for different prints one at a time?
I love all the info you gave me but by the time I figured out everything that you are talking about I could of painted the Fresco myself! Not being funny I just do not have a graphics background as I am a decorative painter and this is the stuff that I do:

Attachments

• damron_and_mirror_022.jpg
    damron_and_mirror_022.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 85
  • damron19.jpg
    damron19.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 116
  • user794_pic29_1213437610.jpg
    user794_pic29_1213437610.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 83
  • user794_pic36_1213437912.jpg
    user794_pic36_1213437912.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 68

jiarby

Leonardo on some Korographics Stucco would look good.

What's the native resolution of the images on the Dover CD??