Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone tell me where to buy software to do this?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by schramm, Mar 12, 2009.

1. schramm

schramm Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Hello all, I have 30-40 Dover design books which have artists paintings in them. The books come with a CD that has high res .jpg and they are great, if you want to do something small scale. I want to print a mural on canvas. I have the canvas that is made for this however I need to know how to make the art so that I can blow it up to the size of 8'T x 16'W! I have been given a couple of suggestions about PhotoZoom but I do not think after reading this it will work. I want to be able to do it myself if I can using software or worse case senerio hire someone when needed to enlarge this for printing and I will pay them.

Below is 1, but I have shrunk this to fit onto the website, if you are interested in trying this and then giving me a price email me and I will send you the HIGH RES version of this.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Rob

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Garbage in....garbage out.
    Pixel enhancing software, such as Photozoom, is the only option.

3. graphics guru

graphics guru Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Statesville, NC
    how hi res is it. if it is enough. resolution, you can resample on photoshop or use Blow Up as well. it should reproduce i would think. PM me if you want

4. Mark L

Mark L Member

Do you have any of these in prints already because you could scan it at a higher resolution.

5. 3dsignco

3dsignco Active Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Schramm,
    I have a bunch Dovers also so I opened one up. (Unfortunatly I didn't have the Michelangelo book) and did a Bicubic smoother Enlargement to the size you were saying. (6.5 gig file :) ) Did a 4 pixel Gaussian blur to it and it looked pretty good. Not Giclee Good but decent enough for a Wall mural on Canvas.

One plus you will have is the "Hand of God" is a fresco so you don't have the canvas texture to deal with in the photo. I think you will be fine with stock photoshop enlargement and a good rip program.

6. schramm

schramm Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Bill,

Would you be willing for me to send you this .jpg in high res and try it out? If you can make it work and it prints in a quality that would pass would you be willing to do these as the orders come in for different prints one at a time?
    I love all the info you gave me but by the time I figured out everything that you are talking about I could of painted the Fresco myself! Not being funny I just do not have a graphics background as I am a decorative painter and this is the stuff that I do:

Attached Files:

7. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Wery nice work Schrem. Looks good.

8. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Leonardo on some Korographics Stucco would look good.

What's the native resolution of the images on the Dover CD??

9. schramm

schramm Member

Feb 19, 2009
    The high res pic is:

3078w x 1446t
    300 dpi
    24 bit depth