• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I buy or make a roll holder?

CMYKprnt

I am having a difficult time cutting long runs on a roll. I know many of you have some sort of attachment at the end of your table so you can unwind a roll and cut as needed. Can anyone give me the name of a manufacturer that has something I could purchase or even attach some photos so I can see how to build one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Two wooden blocks, two C clamps, a piece of 1" pipe, a 3" core, and a couple of the plastic bushings that come with every roll of mask. I'll leave it to you to figure out where all the pieces go, it's not rocket surgery.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I am having a difficult time cutting long runs on a roll. I know many of you have some sort of attachment at the end of your table so you can unwind a roll and cut as needed. Can anyone give me the name of a manufacturer that has something I could purchase or even attach some photos so I can see how to build one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what we've rigged up. Works great and can be removed when not needed. Good Luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 85

Posterboy

I've got a similar setup to Bluemoons. Bob's outline is about right. You just need a pipe that fits inside the media roll, and is longer than the media roll is wide, that pipe operates like an axle. Then some way to keep it elevated. It is essentially the equivalent of have someone stand at the end of bench and hold the axle. Makes a massive difference, I routinely pull out 4 metre's of mask when I'm donig cut vinyl. I could probably do more, but my bench is only 4 metres long.

d fleming

I think u-line, home depot and lowes have them as well. Just happened to grab a few at HF one day while burning their 20% off coupon.

mark-s

Gerber roll holder, swapmeet find $5.00
Harbor Freight don`t remember cost I think around $10.00 for both.
Home made one a little bit of time

mark-s

Attachments

• 1-1 C.jpg
    1-1 C.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 102