• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I bypass production manager in flexisign 8.1

scott114

I want to bypass production manager as I only have 1 device I use for flexisign. Every now and then flexisign will automatically skip production manager and go straight to my cutter, but will go back to going through production manager. Is there a way of not using production manager. Thanks

AUTO-FX

Wait, what do ya mean it "skips " production mgr? If the job is on your design screen, and you hit print or cut, PM is the engine driving your device. It cant skip it.

....and welcome to the forum...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I want to bypass production manager as I only have 1 device I use for flexisign. Every now and then flexisign will automatically skip production manager and go straight to my cutter, but will go back to going through production manager. Is there a way of not using production manager. Thanks

Local desktop paraphernalia notwithstanding, Flexi outputs to Production Manager. Production Manager drives your tackle. Always. Every time. Even if you experienced the illusion of bypassing Production Manager, I'd give you excellent odds that it never happened.

scott114

I'm saying that it dosen't hold the job, just goes straight to the cutter. Production manager doesn't appear and the cutter goes to work.

AUTO-FX

Ok, thats easy to explain, and there are settings in production mgr. I assuming youre saying that somtimes you can hit cu t and It justs gos and other times you have to go into PM and hit send job.

When you hit print, PM either starts up, like a second program opening, or it has already been open and running in the background. Otberwise the job wouldnt cut.
Look in > settings in PM in default job options I think it is, and you can select 'hold' or 'send now and delete' . I think you can also set this from your design screen. Go up to > Edit> peferences> rip and print dialog is in there too if I remember correctly.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah that is just a setting you have. ALL jobs have always gone through Production Manager. There is no other way. Auto-FX has it. You have a setting for the cutter in Production Manager under Job Defaults that controls whether it keeps cut jobs indefinitely or deletes them after cutting. Then in Flexi on the Cut/Plot window - on the first screen on the left side you can choose "send now" or "hold in list". For just cutting solid color vinyl we always have the vinyl loaded on the cutter first with it ready to plot and we always use "send now" which is when it will start cutting immediately after we hit send. We have multiple users though so often someone else will be cutting something in which case we can just use "Hold in List". When they are done the other person loads the material they need and can then send the job from Production Manager. We also have a dedicated RIP computer which its only purpose is to run Production Manager. The computer sits by the 2 cutters and 3 printers and any employee can simply go over there, load the material they need to run, and send the job from Production Manager. For multiple machines and/or users it is actually a great way of dealing with things.