• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Can I cut a perimeter of a jpeg using Rasterlink6 when I don't already have cut lines?

crgrove

Coming from the Roland Universe I'm having frustrations with Mimaki's way of doing things.
My subject line says it all, really... "Can I cut a perimeter of a jpeg using Rasterlink6 when I don't already have cut lines?"
In Roland's VersaWorks, I can just decide, as an afterthought, to cut around the perimeter of the image rectangle, just by ticking a box. Can I do the same in Rasterlink6? "Cut Edit" is greyed out. OR, do I have to go add an explicit cut line around the image AND THEN bring it into Rasterlink6?

rvolkers

using illustrator and rasterlink 6 you will need to create a cut line

1 place art into art layer
2 make a new layer called (Cutcontour)
4 create cutline - make green 100% spot color call it Cutcontour - stroke at .001

save file as an eps

open up raster 6 then open your eps file - go through your settings and then pick your crop marks

out put as print- cut OR print and cut later

Last edited: