Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Can I cut a perimeter of a jpeg using Rasterlink6 when I don't already have cut lines?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by crgrove, Dec 13, 2019.

1. crgrove

crgrove New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Michigan
    Coming from the Roland Universe I'm having frustrations with Mimaki's way of doing things.
    My subject line says it all, really... "Can I cut a perimeter of a jpeg using Rasterlink6 when I don't already have cut lines?"
    In Roland's VersaWorks, I can just decide, as an afterthought, to cut around the perimeter of the image rectangle, just by ticking a box. Can I do the same in Rasterlink6? "Cut Edit" is greyed out. OR, do I have to go add an explicit cut line around the image AND THEN bring it into Rasterlink6?

2. rvolkers

rvolkers Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Maine
    using illustrator and rasterlink 6 you will need to create a cut line

1 place art into art layer
    2 make a new layer called (Cutcontour)
    4 create cutline - make green 100% spot color call it Cutcontour - stroke at .001

save file as an eps

open up raster 6 then open your eps file - go through your settings and then pick your crop marks

out put as print- cut OR print and cut later

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019