Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I cut with Type 1 crop marks?!?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by thewoodage, Oct 2, 2007.

1. thewoodage

thewoodage Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ohio
    So I just printed 30 - 18" x 24" signs - and now I realized I used Mimaki Type 1 crop marks :Oops: instead of type 2 which is what I always use, and now my cutter won't find them

-anybody know any settings I can change to get the cutter to cut them? Thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    tell us what kind of cutter you have first. If its any of the CG series, yes you can cut both but you need to go through the setup controls on your plotter and set it for the appropriate crop mark type.

3. thewoodage

thewoodage Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Ok - I have the Mimaki CG-160FX - printed from the JV3-160SP (if that makes a difference)

Thanks

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Just print some type 2 marks cut them out and place them over the type 1.

5. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    or just go to Function > Setup > Mark Detect and scroll through till you find the right cut marks.

6. thewoodage

thewoodage Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ohio
    thank you to everyone - George I went with the easy way you suggested - I feel like an idiot not knowing my machine but the first step is admitting that, right? Thanks again:thankyou:

7. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    hey, at one point...none of us knew our machines. Give it time, play around a little. Theres prolly tons in that machine I dont know still but I never use those features so right now -- its not important :Big Laugh good luck cuttin.