• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I get a .125 radius on the edge of a part?

Team Valhalla

Fixtureman... thanks for the info. I'll tuck that away for future reference.

I was Googling different potential solutions and it hit me that my answer was possibly a ten minute drive from me. There's a company in the next town that manufactures all kinds of drafting templates and such. Called 'em up the next day... showed them what I wanted to do... we're in business.

The price to have it done is in a sweet spot also. That made it really cool!

SP

V-ENGRAVE

I know what I want, but no knowledge of how it can be done.

I have a piece of ABS type material in an oval shape that's around 12" X 8". Thickness is .125. Slight texture on the A side (don't want scuffed), glossy surface on the B side (can be scuffed). Original thought was to die cut it with a clicker press, but I will end up with a "sharp" edge.

I want to put a .125 radius on the outer edge.

B surface is smooth enough that it could be held down with a vacuum in some way I would think.

What's the best way to do this? Can it be done with a router table of some sort? Table top CNC machine along the line of Shopbot?

It's a production item - annual usage of around 400 pcs or so.

What equipment will do this?

SP

If I understand your application correctly what you need is cutter beveller all in one.
Check the link below.

https://www.2linc.com/engraving/cutter_bev_1-4.htm