• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I get mutoh 1204 to print 48"

I have a mutoh 1204 and the specs say it prints 48" and takes 50" material. I am trying to print a 4x8 banner but production manager in flexi wont let me change the*material*size from 48" to 50". I need to center the printer area so the finished printed banner will have 1" extra on top and bottom. How can i solve this problem?

Stealth Ryder

It will print full 48" if using a Uni-Directional Profile. The machine will accept 50" media. Depending on the RIP, if you identify the machine as a 1204 the software will only let you go up to 48" inches.

FatCat

As I understand it, the printers own firmware limits how wide the printing swipe is. I've read that you can adjust your margin out a little to help this. Also, I believe there is a way to hack the firmware to get another inch +/- but you'll have to search back through some of the old files for detailed instructions.

Stealth Ryder

It's the software... Tell the sodtware you have a 54" machine and adjust the size to 50"... The Printer itself will read and accept 50" media... The RIP only sees a 1204 as 48"...

FatCat

It's the software... Tell the sodtware you have a 54" machine and adjust the size to 50"... The Printer itself will read and accept 50" media... The RIP only sees a 1204 as 48"...

Hmm, never thought about that - but doesn't the machine have a "physical" limitation on how big it prints? So if I change my setting from a 1204 to a 1304 in Wasatch I can't print 49" on 50" media, right?

Stealth Ryder

Hmm, never thought about that - but doesn't the machine have a "physical" limitation on how big it prints? So if I change my setting from a 1204 to a 1304 in Wasatch I can't print 49" on 50" media, right?

The printer will print to a max width of 48" when using a Uni-Directional Profile... When using a Bi-Directional Profile it's max print width is 47.24"... It will read/detect up to 50" wide media but the max Print Width is 48"...

The RIP, when set to VJ-1204 will only allow you to enter a media width of 48" max, this is why you lie to the software and tell it you are using a larger machine size...

thewvsignguy

Stealth Ryder

The printer will print to a max width of 48" when using a Uni-Directional Profile... When using a Bi-Directional Profile it's max print width is 47.24"... It will read/detect up to 50" wide media but the max Print Width is 48"...

The RIP, when set to VJ-1204 will only allow you to enter a media width of 48" max, this is why you lie to the software and tell it you are using a larger machine size...

Profile Profile Profile.... Uni- Directional - You got everything else correct...