• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I load a 100mts roll to Mimaki JV300

Xavier Elizondo

Hello guys,

I need to know if I can load a 100mts (328ft) length Backlit roll to my Mimaki JV300? The total weight of the roll is 37kgs (81.5 lbs)

The local distributor of Mimaki told us that it's not possible. But I checked the specifications of the plotter and it says that the maximum weight of the roll should be 40kgs (88lbs). So according to this data, it should be possible to load the roll.

Has someone tried it before?

Thanks in advance

slopoke

I'd be more worried about the roll being to wide and sitting on the support bar under the roll. I'm running a JV33 and can't load a 150' roll of 18oz banner without having to peel some off onto another core because it's too big around and sits on the bar. Just a thought.

Xavier Elizondo

I'd be more worried about the roll being to wide and sitting on the support bar under the roll. I'm running a JV33 and can't load a 150' roll of 18oz banner without having to peel some off onto another core because it's too big around and sits on the bar. Just a thought.

Thanks for the answer. But I think JV33 has less capacity for loading materiales (25kgs vs 40kgs for JV300). Moreover the 18oz banner is more dense than backlite film.

Someone with an JV300 who has experienced difficulties to load big rolls?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your material is within the weight spec but the diameter of the roll might be the only problem. What Slopoke is saying is that it may be too wide to roll without hitting the support bar. Measure the diameter of the roll and have your dealer measure between an empty core to the support bar. That should get you the answer you need.