• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Make A Banner. Need Some Help

2STRONG

I was asked yesterday if i can make a banner for a little league team that my son is on. i never made one before which i told them also but that i would try. i have a roland gx-24 and have no idea were to start. i will have to use sign vinyl. and it will be 3x6. i also have screen printing equipment but not sure if that will help me in this matter. any advise would be appreciated. were to get banners stc...

Billct2

Get a blank banner from a supplier like Creative Banners and cut some vinyl on your plotter then apply.
You will want to clean the banner and its best to have it on a flat surface and taut while lettering.
You can just tape it to a table.

ndemond

Welcome from the Midwest!

A little more info and we can help more. Programs to run your roland and what do you use it for now?

Replicator

First off . . . Welcome !

I apologize for asking this question, but if you've never cut vinyl before . . .

Why do you own a Roland GX-24 ? . . . (good choice by the way)

2STRONG

I use the cutter for t shirts and jersey numbers and name it is alot faster than screen printing them and the vinyl is very durable. i use cut studio to run may cutter and corel draw x3

cOrKinSA

First off . . . Welcome !

I apologize for asking this question, but if you've never cut vinyl before . . .

Why do you own a Roland GX-24 ? . . . (good choice by the way)
Probably to cut out Thermo-flex for heat pressing.
Welcome to Signs101.

cOrKinSA

I think there is a Fellers in Ontario...
Yup just checked and heck it's a hop skip and a jump from your business!!!
Lucky Dawg!!!
Go and get a catalog from them right now!

2STRONG

i already have a catalog right here i forgot i set up an account with them for the vinyl for decals. it pretty confussing though with rolls and such i migh have to call them. i just want a banner already to go all i have to do is customize it.

2STRONG

sorry another question. i see they have rolls with grommets and you just cut you desired length. it says cutt between the grommets but after i cut will i need to sew it or something.

cOrKinSA

sorry another question. i see they have rolls with grommets and you just cut you desired length. it says cutt between the grommets but after i cut will i need to sew it or something.
Or just request a certain size and ask them to web and grommet it for you.

GARY CULY

for what your doing there.just buy a 3x6 banana banner or somthin like that ..there sewn withgrommets .probly less than 20.00 .unroll it .wipe it down with alcahol ..put some letters on it ..2 hours max...next question

artsnletters

call up best buy banner in Riverside....
actually now they're called B3DigiGrafx
951-351-0761
You can order a hemmed grommetted banner for not a lot of $$$ and get it UPS the next day if you order by 12:00 noon
Tim

TheSnowman

Yeah, fellers will sew and put grommets in the banner for no charge...at least on mine they don't. I order a ton from them, so I don't know if that's standard...I assume it is though.

cOrKinSA

Yeah, fellers will sew and put grommets in the banner for no charge...at least on mine they don't. I order a ton from them, so I don't know if that's standard...I assume it is though.
You liar.
Nothing is for free and you assure yourself so many times with that sentence.
I think.
but I am not so sure.
Maybe...
but it is for me...
I did know someone from there, and they did give me a coupon,
and I do remember it was half off...
I think.......

Ken

Just buy some Banana banner material..allready hemmed with double grommets every 2 feet.
Cut and apply vinyl. Dont worry about the banner ends. Tell the client to use bungee cords to hang it( if outdoors).
Ken

2STRONG

Thanks for the info guys i think i will order the banana banner set sizes from fellers and they allow pick up so i will save on shipping (15min away) yes! no trying to design it. look for future threads from me just a warning!! dont worry i will search before i post

2STRONG

OOPS! i forgot to ask what type of vinyl i should use on the banner. the banner with only be used during the games about 1 to 2 hours long for about 2 1/2 months and then probably get thrown away or put away forever. I was thinking oracle 651