• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I make my 540 v print faster?

SCOTTD

We had to update our versaworks, (due to compuer crash) in the process we lost our old profiles.
The new profiles print fine but are printing much slower on vinyl, the banner prints fast as before. The old profiles used to fly on vinyl too!!

The old profiles were installed by the sales-taech on the origional install, he and myself cant seem to locate them. 3-4 years back.

What do you use to speed up the print times.
Even on hi speed it's still slow compared to the old profiles.

thanks
Scott

Ragnabrok

Alot of non-roland profiles are limited to 0nly 8-pass prints. I see lots of poeple just using ESM-MCVP, and manually adjusting the feed calibtration to fire out vinyl at high speed. MCVP seems to print decent on most vinyls without saturating darker colours.

rozankan

1) Roland Intelligent Pass Control is not available on the SP-540V
2) Roland media profiles use 8 passes on High Speed mode (SP series).
3) On Generic Vinyl Profile I and II, there’s an option to select High Speed mode with 4-pass.
4) When the machine was first installed, perhaps a custom profile for High Speed 4 pass mode was created . We would suggest to try to print with one of the generic vinyl profiles first to see if the 4 pass High Speed mode works for you.
5) In VersaWorks under Media Explorer, you can see the pass count for all the Roland media profiles as well as the generic profiles.

Feel free to PM me, or give Tech Support a call at (800) 542-2307 - Press '2'.