• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Print Film Positives for Silk Screen

Hey everybody, hows it goin? My company also prints T-Shirts and we have alot of oversized jobs coming up. It is really hard for us to match up halftones when we have to tape these huges images together. We were wondering if its possible to print these images on film on our HP 9000s.

Has anybody ever done this? And what was your result?

Thanks for any help.

Jay
Everythings Image
Cincinnati, OH

SlamMan

We used to do this with an old HP inkjet and it worked pretty well. We mostly used it for coro signs. I don't remember doing many halftones but I'm sure you could make it work. There will just be some experimenting and tweaking to be done.

tattoo.dan

no, i just couldn't think of the name. I bought it off ebay and it was meant for uv printers, but worked with my mimaki. No secret, just couldn't remember the details, and can't really guarantee that it would work on any other printer....sorry i am so vague on details.