• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can I print on a Roland LEJ-640FT and contour cut on a VS-540?

LuxMarie

What I'm trying to do may not be possible, but I thought it was worth a shot. Here's the breakdown. I'm printing on a Roland LEJ-640FT, laminating, and then, trying to contour cut with a VS-540. The reason for this round about method is our VS-540 doesn't print white anymore and I'm printing on chrome vinyl. At one point, it was finding the first 2 crop marks, but now it's not finding the second crop mark. Should I give up or is there a way to make this work?

LuxMarie

Should work fine, as long as there is Roland marks and the material is tracking through squarely
That's what I thought, too. But it only found the first two crop marks a couple times and then it wasn't finding the 3rd one. I even tried coloring over them with a sharpie to see if that made a difference. I'm wondering if it's struggling because I'm using chrome material and maybe that's making the crop marks hard to detect?

guillermo

That's what I thought, too. But it only found the first two crop marks a couple times and then it wasn't finding the 3rd one. I even tried coloring over them with a sharpie to see if that made a difference. I'm wondering if it's struggling because I'm using chrome material and maybe that's making the crop marks hard to detect?
that may not be the case, since it finds the first 2 crop marks......

print a cut job on the machine that does not print white ink, some 1" square with 1" space and about 2 rows, and print it, then, do the exactly the same on the other machine, using the same settings, then, check spacing, location of squares and distance from the crop mark to the "corner of the image" little "V' on each print, they should be the same, if not, then, something else you are doing wrong.

LuxMarie

that may not be the case, since it finds the first 2 crop marks......

print a cut job on the machine that does not print white ink, some 1" square with 1" space and about 2 rows, and print it, then, do the exactly the same on the other machine, using the same settings, then, check spacing, location of squares and distance from the crop mark to the "corner of the image" little "V' on each print, they should be the same, if not, then, something else you are doing wrong.
That's a great suggestion. Thank you. I will definitely give that a try.