• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I print pieces of Vinyl

Gordy Saunders

I have a SolJet ProIII XC 540. Can I print pieces of vinyl in it? For instance can I print a 25" wide by 15 foot long piece of banner material?

Can I print a small piece of 24" x 24" vinyl?

I see the menue has a "PIECE" option, but it seems to only measure the leading and trailing edge of the piece that I put into the machine. It does not detect the edges.

Will it detect the edges? Can't find anything about this problem in the manual that I have.

Ponto

when you load offcuts, select "piece" when you input your setup and the machine should measure whatever you have loaded...

JP

Gordy Saunders

I did select "piece" but the machine only detected the length of the piece.
The machine thinks the piece is 54" wide.
The machine does not detect the edges.

After you select "piece" is there something else that should be done?

David S

The XC-540 doesn't detect the material it detects the 2 outside wheels. The outside wheels have metal plates on them. I always just use setup ROLL and measure lengths if I think it will be close. Otherwise I think that the printer just wastes time finding the leading and trailing edges of the material.