• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I print variable data in rasterlink?? and How?

Area51Graphix

Hi to all the people in the forum!

this time I write to know if anyone knows how can I print variable data in rasterlink or how to do it in other rip software??

I have to print the same image many times but everyone got a personalize names, and I want to know how to do this job with out to do it manually.

I hope someone can help me whit that. I got a Mimaki JV33-160 and rasterlink pro 4 SG for the record.

Thanks for your time, bye!!

mark galoob

we do this quite often with a mail merge program and an inkjet printer specific to this kind of work...i dont think this is possible on a wide format unless you type each name individually...

mark galoob

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No idea on Rasterlink but FlexiSign can do it no problem. It can auto generate sequential numbers (starting from whatever # you choose and whatever increment you choose) or use a csv file to add the variable data.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
With your starting image open in Flexi make sure it has a bit of editable text where it should be - then select the entire image and under the top drop down menu "arrange" select "auto serialize" and it will prompt you through several steps to either sequentially increment numbers or import a csv file and how many, etc it should create.

Might have to test it to see what exactly it does but when it does it can take a minute or two to work depending on the artwork it is having to duplicate. Then it just places the new output on screen for you to select and print.

petesign

Rasterlink won't do it, but there are scripts out there for Illustrator that will. Those work for numbers, don't know how I would do it for names.