Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I profile a JV-33 with Rasterlink and I1Profiler without Profilemaster?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Larry at Infinity, May 10, 2013.

1. Larry at Infinity

Larry at Infinity New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I have color managed my Rolands with Versaworks using our XRite I1 Profiler successfully, but we have now sold one and got a Mimaki JV-33 130 and ES3 ecosol ink with bundled Rasterlink Pro5SG. I like the printer, don't like Rasterlink. I have had a hard enough time learning this clunky RIP and finding enough canned profiles just to get me up and running, but now it looks like I've hit a dead end with color management.

I can't find any documented way of doing linearization and profiling with this thing. Do I really have to buy their proprietary ProfileMaster II profile software and/or buy a new RIP to give me consistent color and make this system usable? If so I'm very angry/disappointed. Has anyone out there figured this out already or can you point me in the right direction? Recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Neil

Neil Member

3. Masseria

Masseria Member

Jul 23, 2012
    you can add profiles pre-made with a softwarde that comes with rasterlink.. as far as i know....

Rasterlink is not professional rip but is very easy to use... a monkey can run it. dont expect perfect colors from it.