• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can I run a valuejet 1204 using a windows 8 computer running onyx ripcenter v11

thesignworks

Hello please,
I have just bought an old win 8 machine with a 2.7ghz chip, 8 meg ram
I am about to buy a used version of onyx rip center v11 mutoh edition
will I be able to run a valuejet 1204 are these older printers still supported.
am I under the assumption that JUST because the onyx box has mutoh edition upon it, that it caters to a 1204.

am I wasting my money - a dx5 head 4 colour dual channel can only do .... what it does.

do I then have to fork out for corel x7 to run win8

lastly, If buying a used version of rip software, is there a license file transferal - that needs to come from somewhere?
OR - with the onyx rip, as the software is on a usb drive and the hasp id usb too, thats it? or do you need to register the product, and thats where an issue may arise, as its already been registered?

or - or, if the stuff is made in salt lake city and the box is distributed to a uk supplier, is it from them (unknown) that an activation license type affair needs to come from.

thank you please

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As long as that version of onyx works on your computer, everything should work. The printer doesn't care if the information is coming from a computer or a potato as long as it has an Ethernet interface and RIP software running on it.

Normally if you have a dongle, you don't need to transfer licenses for software. Just make sure you get the dongle and password to unlock it. If you don't have the password they may make you upgrade to the latest version.

thesignworks

oof

attachment.php

so I should have nay bother?

attachment.php

bought it away... £245 is that a bargain?
corl x5 seems to install on windows 8.1 - so that is nice, shall get x7 anyway -is it any good

Attachments

• $_58b.JPG
    $_58b.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 138
  • $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator: