• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Still "Upgrade" to Flexi 12?

buggyjr12

I'm currently running Flexi Version 11 sp6 build number 2145 p1 and would like to be able to upgrade to version 12 instead of 19. Is that still possible? I had a few vendors checking on it for me but I haven't been able to receive a firm answer.

My current version does everything I need it to and more (except let me print Graphtec bomb sites out of VersaWorks) but guess what? I'd like to be able to print Graphtec bomb sites out of VersaWorks.

I want to be able to print on a Roland (out of VW) and cut on my FC4100-130. I was told by several different people (and also in this thread https://signs101.com/threads/graphtec-bomb-sites-in-flexi.156343/#post-1455747) that it's possible starting with version 12 and obviously also with 19.

I don't want to go all the way to 19 though not just because of the expense but also because I know a few people who have it who have had problems and had to revert back to 12. I'm not looking for any headaches, just a little added functionality.

So, does anyone know if it's still possible to go from 11 to 12? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bannertime

I highly doubt it. At least you won't get the discounted rate. You can probably upgrade to 19 and then ask for the 12 installer? Talk to tech support about that. That said. A lot of the issues with 19 were supposedly fixed after a few updates. 12 isn't perfect either, and I can't speak to if the bomb site thing is there or not. Never tried it. So even with 12 you'll have some bugs to work out.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I'm currently running Flexi Version 11 sp6 build number 2145 p1 and would like to be able to upgrade to version 12 instead of 19. Is that still possible? I had a few vendors checking on it for me but I haven't been able to receive a firm answer.

My current version does everything I need it to and more (except let me print Graphtec bomb sites out of VersaWorks) but guess what? I'd like to be able to print Graphtec bomb sites out of VersaWorks.

I want to be able to print on a Roland (out of VW) and cut on my FC4100-130. I was told by several different people (and also in this thread https://signs101.com/threads/graphtec-bomb-sites-in-flexi.156343/#post-1455747) that it's possible starting with version 12 and obviously also with 19.

I don't want to go all the way to 19 though not just because of the expense but also because I know a few people who have it who have had problems and had to revert back to 12. I'm not looking for any headaches, just a little added functionality.

So, does anyone know if it's still possible to go from 11 to 12? Thanks in advance.

jimdtg

Have you contacted with SAi directly to ask yet? I guess that's better way to go.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
If you had the subscription licence you can install and run any version of Flexi from 11 to 19. If you have the perpetual license you would have to go to version 19.

buggyjr12

Have you contacted with SAi directly to ask yet? I guess that's better way to go.

I have. I talked to someone who told me that they thought I'd have to go to 19 but weren't 100% sure.

I also spoke to a few vendors that were going to "check on it" and let me know but haven't come back with anything.

I figured if anyone else would know it would be somebody here!

If you had the subscription licence you can install and run any version of Flexi from 11 to 19. If you have the perpetual license you would have to go to version 19.
Gotcha. I have the perpetual license. I don't want to go the subscription route because I'm not a high enough volume shop to justify it. What I have now does everything else I need it to.

I'd just like to be able to use my Graphtec cutter as a backup to my print/cut SP-540V (I had a pinch roller problem a while back that had me dead in the water for a few days) or just to speed up production at times when I am busy.

What seemed like something that should be very simple has turned out to be fairly complicated.

Thank you for all the responses.

Steve Hamm

I have the same setup as you except i have not purchased a stand alone cutter, but would do so if I could run the cutter after printing on the roland. Would be interested in what you find out.