• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Use This Logo?

signcrafters

I have a client that represents a youth football team.
They have a logo that looks identical to the New England Patriots.
Can they do that?

Can I reproduce the logo for the youth team?

Thanks

You're not supposed to, but organizations around here do it all the time, too. Youth leagues in all sports, even middle and high schools steal pro and college sports logos for their mascots.

Pat Whatley

Unless they've changed in the last couple of years the NFL embraces it. They give the teams a list of what they can and can't do with it. You can call yourself the Pineville Falons and use the falcon logo on shirts, helmets, and jerseys. You can't call your teams the Atlanta Falcons and to the same.

I've gotten a few release letters and official cds of the team artwork over the years. Perfectly clean, professional images in different formats of every version of the logo a team uses.

That said I never had to get permission myself, the teams always brought it all to me.

Spent two minutes trying to find it, all I found was this: "Many high schools also borrow the popular logos of the NFL’s 32 franchises, although this has not caused any problems. Brian McCarthy, an NFL spokesman, said high school and youth football teams are allowed to freely use NFL insignias. “It is inspirational for young players to play football under the same name as NFL teams,” he said."

That may have all change now that the NFL has USA Football

So yes, I typed all of that and really did nothing to answer your question.

OldPaint

i went to high school in PA. the football team was named "the blue devils." the logo we used was DUKE's blue devil. they sold tee shirts with em on it.
i do a little league baseball and football field. the football team colors are green and yellow and are called the "packers." i do a lot of the greenbay G..........