• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can I wrap a hot dog push-cart?

mikefine

I have a customer inquiring about wrapping a hot dog push-cart. He says the sides can get so hot that it will melt
a plastic bread bag. I realize hoods on vehicles must be get extremely hot. But this is oven heat, and it seems to me the vinyl will simply bubble.

Any ideas? Is there a specific vinyl made for this application?
Is there a material I can use between the side of the cart and the vinyl? Anyone have
experience or suggestions with something similar? Thanks...

phototec

Taking the heat into consideration, I would create the graphics on aluminum sign panels and attach the panels to the cart using nylon or rubber spacers around the perimeter, so the graphic panels have some breathing space between it and the cart, maybe 1/8" or 3/16".

:smile:

mikefine

Taking the heat into consideration, I would create the graphics on aluminum sign panels and attach the panels to the cart using nylon or rubber spacers around the perimeter, so the graphic panels have some breathing space between it and the cart, maybe 1/8" or 3/16".

:smile:
Thank you. I was thinking along these lines, as well.