• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can my TrafficJet and/or FlexiSign be set to Uni-Directional?

trafcondude

I have a TrafficJet, Mutoh, ValueJet 1638x printer. I'm trying to print fairly small text on a layout. Bi-Directional isn't cutting it. Is there a way to set the FlexiSign RIP software or TrafficJet to print Uni-Directional?

Thank in advance.

Matt

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In Flexi there is a tab to the right of the color profile tab that looks like a little printer. Click on that and it will give you the printer driver settings. If the profile supports it, you can switch to unidirectional. If the profile only allows bi-directional, you need to find a profile that does support it.

rjssigns

That printer should do it. My 1624x with 6000xrp profile regularly prints 0.041" nice and crisp.

trafcondude

In Flexi there is a tab to the right of the color profile tab that looks like a little printer. Click on that and it will give you the printer driver settings. If the profile supports it, you can switch to unidirectional. If the profile only allows bi-directional, you need to find a profile that does support it.
From what i've been shown I have to select the 'RIP & Print' button. Then it sends me to those options. I tested selecting the 'Print' button. I tried to print and nothing happens. :confused:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From what i've been shown I have to select the 'RIP & Print' button. Then it sends me to those options. I tested selecting the 'Print' button. I tried to print and nothing happens. :confused:
Our Flexi lap top is in the field so I can't take a look at the moment but how I usually do it is from the Production Manager side of things. You might set the output setting in the RIP and Print window to hold instead of send now, then you can right click on the job in production manager and see the job properties. I believe you get more options in that window than the normal RIP and Print window.