• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can print large files in Flexi 7.6 but not 10.5

Jesse_gvi

Large files (around 300MB) will make Flexi 10.5 freeze up while "exporting to pdf" after I hit send. I can print the same file in 7.6 no problem. Ideas? Printing large files in 7.6 kind of defeats the purpose of upgrading.

Computer:
XP SP3
Pentium D 2.80 GHz, 3GB RAM, Radeon x600 256MB

Or is it time to ask the boss for a new computer? :thumb:

CS-SignSupply

First of all, did you install 10.5 in its own new directory?

and yes, it is time for the old PC to be 'promoted' to the accounting desk :)

Recommended Hardware Requirements (From SAI site)
Operating System Windows Vista, 7
RAM 4 Gb RAM or higher
Install Space 700 MB for base program, allow extra install space for ICC Profiles
Working Disk Space 4+ GB
Other
DVD drive
Available USB port for key
Internet connection recommended

FrankW

This is a known bug with Flexi 10.5 and appears when sending files with large embedded bitmaps (it takes a lot of time to finish sending). There is a patch available from SAi, and the shortly expected 10.5 Service Pack 1 will solve that problem too.

choucove

This is a known bug with Flexi 10.5 and appears when sending files with large embedded bitmaps (it takes a lot of time to finish sending). There is a patch available from SAi, and the shortly expected 10.5 Service Pack 1 will solve that problem too.

This is great news to hear today. I just got a call from a couple of our designers saying they have had issues for a while now trying to export files in Flexi 10 to PDF format. The program basically seizes up, and I know it's not that the computer doesn't have enough resources to complete the operation even if it were massive files.