• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can somebody look at this Nozzle Check?

omartinjordan

Can someone please look at this nozzle check and try to help me figure out what's going on? My prints are decent but there are some serious lines in it.

Attachments

• IMG_4530_1.jpg
    IMG_4530_1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 67

Sign-Man Signs

My first guess would be dirty heads. May need to clean under carriage. Just a small piece of link or trash can do that.

randya

You have what look like bunches and bunches of misdirected nozzles.

Misdirected nozzles are caused typically by one of 2 things, dried ink around the nozzle or damaged nozzles.

Soaking the heads for a few hours at a time will help if it is dried ink.

You said in an email that you have recently removed and replaced the head, it should not be loose, vibration may also contribute to what you are seeing.

omartinjordan

The color head moves a little. Seems that the gold piece where the screw goes have been broken of the carrier. So there is really only one screw holding the color head in place. It has another screw that attaches to a small plastic piece. It was printing really good before christmas and it sat for about a week without printing then I guess the heads get clogged. It does this if it sits for more than couple days. One of the dampers I had to suck ink back through to get it going. I am doing some soaks now. Where is a good place to order parts? I wish there was a tech close to here but they $125 an hour for travel and $200 an hour for work. I don't have that kind of money!!

randya

Well if it was printing good before, then the head soaks and a bit of cleaning should hopefully bring you back full. After you do the soaks is the best time to clean the caps and the stainless rim around the head, the ink will be soft at that point and much easier to remove.

You should really try and print everyday.

Post a pic of the broken pieces, perhaps someone will have a spare.

omartinjordan

I soaked it for a while and it seems to be doing better. I still have some random lines around objects. Not sure if its the alignment or debris on the heads. The broken part is the actual carriage that holds the heads.