• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can somebody please tell me what printhead type a Roland SC-500 is?

antonitus

Hi,

I have a Roland SC-500 printer and wanted to know what printhead type I have, for example, is it a DX2, DX3, DX4, etc. I'm getting mixed messages that it might be DX2 or DX3, but I need to know 100% for sure. My documentation does not tell me anything and I don't want to rip it out of the printer to see the part number. I'm buying them as spares.

Thank you.
antonitus

antonitus

Thanks nickgreyink,

I suspected it was DX2, it's just that somebody else said DX3 and confused me. Is there a huge difference between DX2 & DX3 if you know?

I also looked at Alibaba before I created this thread, but I just don't trust buying from them, even though the printheads compared to some sellers are quite cheap considering. They say it is original, but original what? I'd like to see the word 'genuine', if you know what I mean. Have you bought from them before?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The DX2 and DX3 are often confused with each other but they are completely different heads. The DX3 head was not used in a lot of machines so it is kind of mysterious. Your machine has the DX2 for sure. There is no such thing as third party or aftermarket DX2-7 heads. No one manufactures these heads except for Epson. Even if they are in a Roland, Mimaki or Mutoh printer, they are all originally Epson. It all comes down to if you trust the seller to send a non-used, in the box print head or even to send it at all. The DX2 head hasn't been manufactured for almost 3 years so there aren't many left.

antonitus

Wow, VanderJ you are so knowledgeable. Thank you very much for this information, it has helped me out a lot and I feel confident to buy the DX2 printheads for my printer. Some people/companies take the mick and charge around £400-£800 each and they are refurbished. Alibaba tend to sell a lot and are brand new. Prices are not too bad, around $114 for black and around $200 for the colour, depending on the company selling them, although I'm not sure i can trust Alibaba. So if anyone here has had some experience buying printer products from Alibaba would be good to hear from.