• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can someone help identify this print quality issue

DERI

Hello Guys,

I am having some difficulty figuring out why i'm getting this type of ink stain / smudge on my prints.
I am using an HP L25500 printer and it usually happens when printing on gloss vinyl. I have adjusted heat and curing settings, increase the number of passes and the problem still randomly shows itself on the print.

I have attached a photo of the issue. I am hoping that someone could help me out...desperate here! =)

Attachments

• print quality issue l25500.jpg
    print quality issue l25500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200

papabud

Lone Wolf
its hard to tell, what is the print direction. is it the same pattern as your platen under your vinyl.
vacuum issues?
wavy material?

Chasez

Looks like a head strike to me. I would raise the thickness of material in your RIP or check you heat settings vs media. If there's too much heat it can cause the media to curl/wave which raises it from the platen and the head rubs slightly when its printing. Knowing what media and RIP your using would help.

Chaz

DERI

Looks like a head strike to me. I would raise the thickness of material in your RIP or check you heat settings vs media. If there's too much heat it can cause the media to curl/wave which raises it from the platen and the head rubs slightly when its printing. Knowing what media and RIP your using would help.

Chaz
Thanks for the reply. I am using Onyx rip center 10 and the vinyl is 5 Mil Bubble Free Gloss Perm Adh. Vinyl w/Grey Back . I did raise the heating slightly and raised the curing significantly because the prints would rub off very easily. btw how do I raise the thickness on the RIP? you can tell im a total newbie.

Chasez

Thanks for the reply. I am using Onyx rip center 10 and the vinyl is 5 Mil Bubble Free Gloss Perm Adh. Vinyl w/Grey Back . I did raise the heating slightly and raised the curing significantly because the prints would rub off very easily. btw how do I raise the thickness on the RIP? you can tell im a total newbie.

I would get in contact with Gans about a tech sheet on the material which should give the temps (pre, platen, and after) for the material, also if you haven't done it yet, download the material profile off Gans website. I'm not sure how to do it with the HP printer in Onyx but with our epson I right click on the job in the print que -->printer settings --> then adjust the platen gap OR adjust the media thickness. Maybe someone who runs this setup (HP w/ Onyx) can elaborate on this.

Chaz