• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone please give me some direction?

thehamsterman

So we've just purchased a vj-1624 to replace our 1604. Everything went ok as far as installation, but we've run in to some issues

1. We still have a 1614 in the shop. Apparently our cartridges won't work with both printers anymore.

2. We've been running onyx 7.3.2 for a while now. Apparently the new printer is incompatible with this version of onyx and so they've got us using SAI Photo print 10 mutoh edition

3. None of our existing profiles will work now, and many media manufacturers don't have 1624 profiles available.

And other things. Pretty much i'm looking for some guidance as to whether or not to upgrade to the newer version of onyx (10) or to go with sai. I'm comfortable with onyx and have loved using it. SAI seems like its a bit more complicated to use, and has less features (or at least the version we have)

whatever we get would have to run a 1624 and a 1614.

Where do i find new profiles? or do i make them myself?

What is your experience with SAI as opposed to Onyx? What issues have you had?

Take in to consideration that we no longer have a graphic designer/installer, and these decisions are being made by a person who knows little to nothing about the specifics of this machinery or business.

i guess this is also sort of a rant, so...yeah :D

MikePro

onyx dropped support for v.7, i believe. why not upgrade to x10? its pretty sweeeeet.
PLUS, its got a feature that walks you through the steps to build your own profiles.