• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can someone please help me with contour cutting in flexi???

EnergyDesign

I have an image that was created in photoshop, saved as jpg, opened in flexi and when I try to knock out the white space I cant...no magic wand...I need to set it up to print on our roland sj745 and cut on our summa

S

Stan B

with color filter shade all the colors to solid black, trace it, the vector you'll get may be used for masking (knocking out) your image and for adding counter cut line

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
If it's a simple logo,
Select it, go to Bitmap> Vectorize> Bezier and it will create a vector path.

Ron Helliar

I'll give it a go. First, you may have a more recent flexi than my 7.6 on the mac. You may also want to sign up on SI's site as they have a couple of good tutorials on this.
1. select image
2. select "make transparent" under the bitmap menu and select white space
3. select "invert selection" under the bitmap menu
4. select "convert marquee to shape" under the bitmap menu
5. from this point you have a vector line around your graphic. Alter it to fit your needs, select it & the jpg and mask or simply convert the vector line to a contour line and send along. My preference is to keep the masking and the contours seperate parts.