• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone please help out me here..

I have a Roland XC540 and I just wrapped a 12' trailer last friday. I had each side of the trailer design tiled in 3 sections in versaworks. The design had a lime green color that faded into a sky blue color. I printed the 3 tiles for each side in succession and everything went perfectly. But when I put the three 4 ft wide tiles up on the trailer the middle tiles green was a different hue then the first and last tile.. The yesterday I printed a wall wrap for my shop and the greens in that were also off... I have no clue as to why this is happening... Any ideas??

Attachments

• 12194213_10153648198488382_42943544_o.jpg
    12194213_10153648198488382_42943544_o.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 12186136_10153648198533382_415722432_o.jpg
    12186136_10153648198533382_415722432_o.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 132

J Hill Designs

do you utilize the function to 'flip every other tile' so that what matches up when installed were both printed on the same side of the printer?

Andy D

Are you flipping every other print? If not, that may be your issue.
You want the edges that overlap to be printed on the same side of the roll
because there can be a color shift from one side to the other.

Dang, two minutes too late.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Everything is off, not just the green. You'll need to make sure all your settings remained constant over all the prints and you used all the same media. Color shift like that happens, when something physical changes. It's a little hard for software to change/create this sort of mistake.

Andy D

I would also suggest that if you're not printing sized down samples and over lapping those,
you should start. I do sized down test prints for almost every job, it's a pain but it will save you
allot of time and material. I then I will file the test prints away so that I have a hard copy for future
repeat jobs.

Thanks everyone. No I didnt flip the tiles.. I had no idea that made a difference to be honest.. Learn something new everyday. Andy D ill try that, sounds like a good thing to do. For the extra time it takes to do that it could save you in the end.

Everything is off, not just the green. You'll need to make sure all your settings remained constant over all the prints and you used all the same media. Color shift like that happens, when something physical changes. It's a little hard for software to change/create this sort of mistake.

I changed nothing. I printed this all as one continuous print. I don't know where how the settings could have changed after it was Ripped...