• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can Someone Please Separate A Pdf File For Me

ChicagoGraphics

Customer sent me a PDF file made in newer version, I was wondering if someone can send it back to me in 2 separate files and can convert it to outlines, it's of 2 banners.

henryz

If it's vector already you should be able to open it and ready to go, I don't see why you need to separate it or convert it to outlines can you show us what it is.

ChicagoGraphics

I'm sure it's not all vectors and when I open it, it changes some of the fonts and the shadows/outlines are not right, The wholesaler I use wants it in 2 separate files

tulsagraphics

Customer sent me a PDF file made in newer version, I was wondering if someone can send it back to me in 2 separate files and can convert it to outlines, it's of 2 banners.

There are quite a few programs that do this already (including many free ones). Try PrimoPDF Nitro's free PDF creator: PrimoPDF
What it does is add a new printer driver to your computer. Open your PDF using Adobe Reader, then print to PrimoPDF like it's a printer. It will ask you where and how to save the document and give you various export options to choose from. This will cause the PDF elements to get flattened, so you can open up the new PDF in the program of your choice without hassle. (conversions can be a little quirky sometimes, but works most of the time)

Another option is to use Adobe Illustrator, which is my preferred method. (You can download a free 30 day trial from adobe.com).
1. Create a new (blank) document
2. Use "File > Place" to select (and import) the 1st page of your PDF onto the artboard (Adobe will only import one page at a time by default)
3. Go to "Object > Flatten Transparency", and select "Convert All Text to Outlines (leave everything else as-is),
4. Click "OK" and bam. It's converted.
5. Press "Ctrl+A" to select the artwork, and then choose "Object > Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds" (this resizes the artboard to fit your new layout)
6. Save or export the file from Adobe in the format of your choice.
7. Rinse and repeat for additional pages.

boxerbay

?? am i missing something?? open PDF. on the left use SHOW THUMBNAILS - grab the thumb you want and drag it to your desktop. BOOM DONE. or go top menu DOCUMENT>EXTRACT PAGES.

or open AI a new document same same as PDF. drag and drop in AI the PDF it show ask what page. pick page. then in AI go to OBJECT>FLATTEN TRANSPARENCY in the pop up box pick HIGH RESOLUTION then tick CONVERT ALL FRONT TO OUTLINES.