• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone with a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor help me with something?

Hey guys, I want to find someone with the same printer that I have to run off a print for me so I can compare mine to another printer. I have a mutoh falcon outdoor 62. I would email you the file and send you the vinyl to print on. I don't mind paying for this, I just want to be able to see the 2 prints next to each other.
Thanks

zgraphics

mutoh falcon

Hey guys, I want to find someone with the same printer that I have to run off a print for me so I can compare mine to another printer. I have a mutoh falcon outdoor 62. I would email you the file and send you the vinyl to print on. I don't mind paying for this, I just want to be able to see the 2 prints next to each other.
Thanks

What's up bayshorecreations,
I too, want to compare notes with these printers. I'm having bad luck
with my black and blue, they don't print. I just want to talk to someone with the same issues. If you wish to call my cell today saturday feel free to 210-387-4319 i'm going crazy... by the way i'm chris with zgraphics in san antonio tx.

I will call you on Monday if thats OK?
Here is a few pictures of what I want to check into.
The first pic is of a tes print, the colors are kind of spotty.
The second pic is of a job that I am printing for a customer. The darker parts of the car body look good but the highlight areas (pic 3) look kind of blotchy.
Anyone have any suggestions of how I can make this better or is this normal?
Thanks

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 70

Graphics2u

The second pic is of a job that I am printing for a customer. The darker parts of the car body look good but the highlight areas (pic 3) look kind of blotchy.
Thanks

To me your nozzle check looks normal. My Falcon Jr look just like that. The blotchyness your talking about I think might be helped by turning up the rear heater. Try going up 5 degrees and do a sample and se if that helps. You want the heat as high as you can get it with out the vinyl buckling. That will dry the ink quicker and it won't have time to "puddle" up like I think it's doing.

LEt me ask another question, should I be able to feel the heater on the rear? If I put my hand on the front one I can feel the heat but I feel nothing on the back. Maybe something is wrong with the rear heater?

PSG

Yes you should be able to feel the heater in the rear just like in the front.
It works exactly the same way, heats thru directs contact with the vinyl.
You should open it up and check it.

If it is or once you get it working, you should get some of the foil insulating tape from a hardware store and put it on the heater element on the inside. This will help dissipate the heat more evenly and is said to help with the splochyness on prints.

Thanks Flame for this handy tidbit!

I agree my nozzle check looks the same as your photo. I had a similar problem and adjusted the temperature, but it wasn't until I cleaned the vinyl that I got the results I wanted.

Graphics2u

Remember the rear heater is directly under the printhead on your printer, not on the back side of the printer like some models have.

Graphics2u

I agree my nozzle check looks the same as your photo. I had a similar problem and adjusted the temperature, but it wasn't until I cleaned the vinyl that I got the results I wanted.
What kind of vinyl do you use that you have to clean it first? After the first 18" -24" where you've touched it putting it on the printer it should be clean.

randya

Thanks

this really looks like a media issue.
cleaning with denatured alcohol should show some improvement
but not really solve the issue.

studio10

I also think it`s a media issue. Bad, dirty or old media. On my old Encad (water based) sometimes prints also look kind blotchy, mostly because of static electricity.

Steve C.

this really looks like a media issue.
cleaning with denatured alcohol should show some improvement
but not really solve the issue.

Yep. I had a problem like this with a roll of window perf. Sometimes
you just get a bad roll. Try another media and see what results you
get.