Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Design jet 25500 print Heat transfer material?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by blacknbart, Jun 12, 2012.

1. blacknbart

blacknbart Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I wanna print on heat transfer material does anyone know if I can do that with this printer? I also need some material suggestions as well.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have used Sojar from Fellers and Tattoo by RTape. You have to waste a bunch on each end as you have to have it fed through quite a bit to keep it form curling up and hitting the heads. Other than that, they both worked and printed good. The Tattoo stuff was a PITA to get off the backer with regular masking tape.

3. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Used the Sihl stuff here. Like was said above, have to feed it out past the heater and then tape it to a core for some weight, stuff likes to curl like crazy.

4. onako.hr

onako.hr New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Pojatno
  5. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    siser colorprint is the best with latex... it doesn't curl as badly and you can print right to the edge without head strikes.

6. blacknbart

blacknbart Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Excellent! High five everyone!

Great information! Thank you for making it clear and concise. I was searching the HP sites and some of these material sites with no real answers. I will add to this thread if I have more questions. Thanks everyone.:rock-n-roll: