• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can the L26500 print on 63 inch media?

PrintItBig

Hi,

I'm sure I've read on here that with a slight modification the L26500 can load media slightly wider than it's normal 61 inches. Does anyone have any information about how that is done and how wide it can actually handle? It would be extremely useful to be able to load 63 inch (1600mm) wide media.

There are some details on the L25500 here:

http://www.forumforpages.com/facebo...rial-for-hp-l25500-latex-printer/1791041869/0

Has anyone done this with the L26500? If so, how much width can be gained?

Thanks.

madmencreative

I'm also interested to know if 63" media can be loaded in this machine. The rails are 62.75", but the pathway width is just a little more than 63", so it _should_ physically fit, but I don't know if the sensors would find the edge. It would certainly open up a lot of possibilities if we could run this size.

danno

If you figure out how to use 63" media on that machine, I would like to know. Have tried it without the locking hubs, but it walked all over the place. Good luck. Grimco now has a 60" that works well on the machine and fits perfectly. It's their new Forward Banner.

PrintItBig

IMO this is a major design mistake with these machines.

Didn't they increase the width from 60" to 61" when they went from the 25 to the 26 model? Why oh why did they not make it 63"?