• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can the sheeter be used as a laminator

gtjet

I noticed that on the video they reference cold mount lamination but do not show it being applied. I did not see any change to the sheeter, like an additional takeup roller, so I wonder if it is set up to do that or if it is still a two man job?

SignMan Sez

I had a "sheeter" once, but I had to bring it back to the humane society... Ya know, being around the kids and all.

(Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up!)

J.Stone

gtjet

I noticed that on the video they reference cold mount lamination but do not show it being applied. I did not see any change to the sheeter, like an additional takeup roller, so I wonder if it is set up to do that or if it is still a two man job?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I posted a couple of weeks ago about this.

I spoke with the president of WeederSheeter after Mike Paul first posted about this. He said they were shooting for a January introduction of the NEW model. It will have a takeup roller and will sell for "a couple of hundred more". they will also have a wider model available than previously.

gtjet

Thanks for the info Fred, I remembered you saying earlier that that option would be available but then the video confused me and I thought that maybe what I call masking they were calling lamination because in the video they do call masking lamination. I forgot that you had also referenced the additional takeup roller. We will most likely buy one. They should consider advertising here because this site is why we are considering the purchase.

advsign22

After reading this post last week and watching the sheeter video 10 times, I decided to purchase the 30" model. Today I got it and we could not wait to set it up. Man it will be cutting our masking time in half and getting rid of the pesty wrinkles that we got sometimes when doing it by hand. The only problem it has created is what to do with my 48" Weber tape rack now that I have this fancy thing.

They told me the newer version with the take up is not ready at this time and they were working on production issues. I may just have to buy one of these and keep it for lamination and the old version for tape.

Ken