• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can the Silhoute cutter cut from a vector file sent to it from coreldraw

we already do screen print and embroidery making the designs in vector , we are looking into doing vinyl graphics for our church project and we are on a mission to do vinyl on assorted projects can anyone help with info on the silhoute cameo cutter ,we are looking into purchasing a vinyl cutter that can cut from our computer. Thank you for any info.:smile:

WildWestDesigns

we already do screen print and embroidery making the designs in vector , we are looking into doing vinyl graphics for our church project and we are on a mission to do vinyl on assorted projects can anyone help with info on the silhoute cameo cutter ,we are looking into purchasing a vinyl cutter that can cut from our computer. Thank you for any info.:smile:

Most home cutters that I'm aware off, you'll have to go through their own software to send to their cutter. Some will use EPS files, some will not. Some you have to use their own software exclusively (which typically doesn't translate to other programs if you do upgrade to a commercial one as they use their own proprietary format).

You are going to be more limited as well due to the width that the cameo can accept as well as the power of the cameo.

I would go with a commercial cutter as you can also integrate this with embroidery if you do any applique use (especially if you use software that will export eps cut files as you digitize, but then again, the cutter you have has to be able to accept those files (or the program that they use)).

silhoutte

Thank you for the info, I'm now looking into a Graphtec CE6000-60 at ImprintablesWarehouse , anything I should be warned about would be appreciated:smile:

WildWestDesigns

Thank you for the info, I'm now looking into a Graphtec CE6000-60 at ImprintablesWarehouse , anything I should be warned about would be appreciated:smile:

I use Rolands, but I have heard good things about the Graphtecs. I believe that one is a 24", that would be the bare minimum that I would use.

7oaks

My Graphtec ce5000-60 required a new mother board after 5 yrs of light duty.

I don't think Jill was exactly thrilled with her purchase either

Ken

Silhouette Cameo can take commands

Here is just a follow up on the Silhouette Cameo performance that I inquired about, they finally answered my main concern , can it take vector or related designs and cut them, they said yes, ok, so being on a budget I ordered one and hopefully we will be able to make some money for our church to buy books for the bookstore, thanks for your input.:smile:

silhouette cameo has skeletons in closet

After many more hours of research into the cameo I had to return the unopened carton and order the CE6000-60 . The blogs and videos really opened my eyes . Thanks for all the info. Don't send a boy to do a mans job !:omg:

WildWestDesigns

After many more hours of research into the cameo I had to return the unopened carton and order the CE6000-60 . The blogs and videos really opened my eyes . Thanks for all the info. Don't send a boy to do a mans job !:omg:

They all have their place. I just think too many people try to stretch the equipment too far (which I can understand to a degree).

I know plenty of people in the embroidery world that try to use the Cameo in their workflow all the time. Some are successful, most are not. All depends on how much work one has for that little contraption.