• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can the XF-640 use 6color Dye ink CMYKLcLm?

nhuminh

I'm using a XF-640 with ecosolvent ink CMYK, now I want to buy another XF-640 but use Dye ink 6 color CMYKLcLm?
I want to ask Roland technician, does Roland have profile for aqueous ink CMYKLcLm or can use CMYK profile for 6 color ink?

rubo

no reason for aqueous inks not to work - as long as you getting inks for piezo heads like on your roland - ie, epson inks and similar, no thermal ink (hp, canon). as for running it in cmyk mode it will have to be done trough your rip - custom ink set or whatever it's called in your case, just turn off lm and lc. you'll have to do your own profiling. just curious - why not buy an aqueous ink cmyk printer? they are generally cheaper than solvent printers, i've seen people converting aqueous into solvent, but not the other way around. ??