• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can this be clear coated??

M

MANNING

A flooring co has ordered two 6' x 9' logos to be printed on vp540 then laminated with oraguard 210 gloss. They want to apply two coats of oil based clear over the entire gym floor including my prints. Will it affect the prints?

Dale

Arlo Kalon 2.0

A flooring co has ordered two 6' x 9' logos to be printed on vp540 then laminated with oraguard 210 gloss. They want to apply two coats of oil based clear over the entire gym floor including my prints. Will it affect the prints?

Dale

I'm surprised they aren't clearing the floor with polyurethane. I've seen oil base paints on vinyl blister off after less than a year. I'd say no way will it work. The polyurethane would hold up fine over vinyl.

Sandman

Check out your other post. I replied with a detailed explanation of why this won't work. It is destined to fail.