• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can this be done?

SignStudent

I have a customer who wants 85 shirts screen printed with the attached design. It's a 300 ppi photoshop file at 11"x14" so the resolution is plenty high and all the layers are separated. What I'm worried about is they want it on a mix of black and dark grey shirts.

Would it have to be done in 4 color process on dark shirts (which I know is rather difficult for most printers) or is there a way to use spot colors?

SignStudent

Err crap sorry forgot attachment.

Attachments

• Reapers.jpg
    Reapers.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 71

4R Graphics

I am no screen printer but I have played with it a little and based on the image I would say it will need to be 4 color process no matter what color shirt you put it on. As for black and grey shirts versus lighter colored shirts the only real difference is you have to lay down a base coat of white but the print of the graphic is the same really so to me it will need to be 4 color process. Unless you can find someone to wholesale direct to garment printing and have them print it straight to the shirt. You can buy an entry level direct to garment (DTG) printer for around $10,000 new.

Good luck.

Bigdawg

Just Me
When you say the layers are separated - do you mean each element is on a layer? Or each color is on a layer :smile:

This would look better as a 6-color print with a base I think. Black-Blue-Red-White-Brown-Green with a white base... The only "problem" with 4-c process printing on shirts is sometimes with dark ones like this they look muddy. There will most definitely be a need for a white base on the black and gray shirts no matter what printing process you use or it will not show up well. You need to make sure your screenprinter has the ability to separate the art into color plates.

SignStudent

You will be alot cheaper off to outsource to a DTG printer then to have these screen printed.

Anyone have recommendations for a DTG printer to outsource to? Last time I checked into them it seemed like dark shirts don't come out very well. Also, what's the durability like when compared to screen-printed shirts?

p3

you could do a 6 color simulated process. It may be on its own layer, but with the separations it makes it much easier when each color is separated on its own channel. I don't think it would be terribly hard and could get it to look alright on a shirt screen printed. Would just take some time separating it.