• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can VersaWorks Let me know if I have enough Ink?

dlndesign

I've seen the ink consumption value change when a new job is about to be printed, can it use that same information and tell me before I start a job, that I can print it or not, based on how much ink I have left..?

The reason I bring this up is that we hadn't had the printer running for about a week and when I checked the levels, everything seemed good for a few runs we were about to do. So I get to this last run, and it drops down significantly and I am crossing my fingers that there is enough ink to get the job done.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

CentralSigns

Double click on the printer in Versaworks. This will give you the amount above 1/3 of a cartridge. Other than that not much you can do. When it gets low on that screen have a spare in stock. If it runs out during a job, if you have it set up properly, read your User manual, the new cartridge is inserted and it will continue to print. You need to be around to hear the bell and see it stop, I think time is of the essence. The last job I printed ran out mid job and the rest of the job printed fine on the new cartridge. No noticeable ink color variations as well. Hope I helped with your anxiety a little.

you have to be real fast in order to make sure the ink is replaced asap if the ink runs out during a job. if you don't do it real fast you will see discoloration in the print where the ink ran out. the printer icon in versa works gives you an "estimate" on how much you have left and the printer will beep and tell you which ink needs to be replaced when the time comes.

Sticky Signs

I find versaworks gives fairly accurate readings on the 220's but not so much on the 440's. I usually wait for it to stop printing (this is when the beeper goes off) and than I change the cartridge. Remember to hit "re-try" in VW to continue printing. You may or may not get a color shift/band where it stopped printing depending on the image, the media and how long you waited to change cartridges. If you are that worried about it, you can swap an almost empty cart for a new one and than replace the almost empty cart when working on some smaller jobs.

etsigns

ink

Went to the pharmacy, got a big Azz syrenge, and needle, I can suck 33 CC, atleast, of ink out of a 220 cc "empty" cartrage, I use the new cartrage for a while and the place the ink back into the "new" cartrage.....Saving a few bucks. No need to throw out good ink. Get 4 syrenges one for each color. Bout a buck 35 each to prevent contamanation!!!