• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you do something? How much? How soon?

Jane Diaz

How would you answer a customer who sent you this?
I'm just curious what others would say. :banghead: I have already responded to her.

"I want a wall mount "medal holder" for my husband's marathon medals. I'd like it to say "I run because I really like beer". Can you do something like that? How soon could it be done? How much would it cost?"

MikePro

I'd say to shop for a picture frame that they like, and give your rates for applying 2nd-surface vinyl graphics to the glass.

threeputt

I'd say to shop for a picture frame that they like, and give your rates for applying 2nd-surface vinyl graphics to the glass.
Hah, that's an easy one. Send 'em my way. lol.

Any decent sized Trophy and Awards shop will either have something like that in stock or can order it, next day.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I would say "Do you have a photo of something you were thinking about? How many medals does he have? How big do you want it?"

I think that would start the conversation.

threeputt

Couple of examples

Walked out to the front of our shop's showroom and snapped these.

Any decent Trophy/Awards shop will have displays and catalogs full of this kind of thing.

Attachments

• showroom 1.jpg
    showroom 1.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 100
  • showroom 2.jpg
    showroom 2.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 82

player

How would you answer a customer who sent you this?
I'm just curious what others would say. :banghead: I have already responded to her.

"I want a wall mount "medal holder" for my husband's marathon medals. I'd like it to say "I run because I really like beer". Can you do something like that? How soon could it be done? How much would it cost?"

Walked out to the front of our shop's showroom and snapped these.

Any decent Trophy/Awards shop will have displays and catalogs full of this kind of thing.

Sometimes the customer is not out of line, rather the sign guy/gal is out of his/her area of expertise.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many great suggestions, so far. :rock-n-roll:

Those are good questions, ma'am. Actually, there are many possibilities, and of course, depending upon your budget...... we can certainly help you. If you'd like to stop in, I'll show you many of your choices we have readily available, with some of them only taking a day or so to make.

Of course, my response will involve working with the potential client, which means educating them a little. Not many people come in with all their files, needs and money right up front.

Good luck...................:wink:

visual800

Those 2 sentences mean im tire kicking and in a hurry. Just how quick can I get it makes me cringe. Send them to trophy shop as suggested

TheSnowman

When they ask me how soon can I have it...I normally just say how soon do you need it, and how much were you willing to spend. Generally if they say "tomorrow" and they only wanted to spend $15 (which is the norm for stuff like this, because they think since they think it's funny, that we will too, and therefore want to do it for free or extremely cheap for them) I normally will add an amount to the job to compensate for how annoying a last minute job is, and how difficult those kinds of customers generally are, and if they agree to pay, get it up front, and do the job. If they don't like that, then that's always fine, and they either decide that it's not really as crucial to have this "funny sign" as they previously thought, or they come up with a way to do it themselves.

I don't do last minute jobs for good deals anymore. 10 years ago I'd have people talk me into that all the time and I'd do it for normal price or less...now it's good money or I don't mess with it.

Jane Diaz

Just so you know...I told her she needed to come in and talk. We showed her some examples, talked about size, etc. and the job is on a work order and in the "jobs to do" slot on the wall.

Billct2

When I get these people in the shop
9 out of 10 spend more time discussing the project than its worth